Sunday, January 2, 2011

because it's new year

Happy 2011 dear readers! Cheers!
This time of the year has come again when we need to reflect on the year that passed and list down things we'd like to accomplish this year. It is only lately that I noticed that the first decade of the 21st century has also passed by quietly, swiftly.

Highlights of my 00's decade:

1. I graduated from high school and college.
2. I made a documentary film and was part of a feature film.
3. I'm a stock holder in a corporation.
4. I traveled here and abroad.
5. I became an aunt.
6. I gained (a few) pounds.
7. I developed an allergy to shrimp, dust, and chicken wings.
8. I saw my father in person after many years.
9. My heart was broken. Twice.
10. I became an adult and realized that not every one is as nice as me.

My 2010 is a year full of goodbye's but not so much of hello's. My friends resigned from teaching; more friends and relatives went abroad for work; no more new classmates in Master's because I'm done with my coursework. I felt I lost my energy and will this year. Maybe it's because I have too much time in my hand because of my study leave.

Some of my free time and energy was spent preparing the first Calabarzon Film Festival in UPLB on Feb. Some on Lakwatcha Magazine (which is already out in the market). Some on my lakwatcha. The rest, on my thesis, if there's anything left.

Lady Luck was good to me this year. I almost won the jackpot in a lottery! I was one number shy from being a millionaire. Guess Lady Luck knew I do not know yet how to handle millions, so she only let me win  second prize.

Because I felt I was rich, I invested my money. I also started saving. I still have loans to pay though.

For next year, I want to regain my energy and accomplish more things. I want to be more productive and active. Here are some of the things I'd like to do next year:

1. Defend my thesis and get my Master's degree in Film.
2. Run in 10km marathon event.
3. Write more.
4. Save more.
5. Read more.
6. Get a tattoo.
7. Make more money and invest so I can lakwatcha more.
8. Get serious in learning how to take photos.
9. Re-learn hard work.
10. Ride in a hot air balloon.
11. Have an active lifestyle.
12. Get back to teaching and volunteer work.
13. Win the jackpot in lottery.


Photo from tacomadowntown.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment