Monday, January 10, 2011

11 days of 2011

Time flies when you're having fun, so they say. But what if you're not? Well, it crawls perhaps.

The year did not start right for me. First, I was sick hours before 2011 kicked in. A few days after new year, a colleague was diagnosed with a nasty disease. Eleven days after the fireworks and things are still as gloomy as the weather these past few days.

But I wouldn't want to depress you, dear readers (if you do exist). Some good things happened during the first 11 days of 2011. For one, my tita and cousins arrived from US and Dubai, respectively, for a vacation. This means our holiday family gatherings are extended for weeks. Which means more good food! I suppose I need to double up on my jogging.

Another is that our pelikultura film festival on Feb. is a definite go despite lack of local governments' support (so disappointing) because of the twenty-plus entries sent to us by filmmakers in Calabarzon. We at pelikuLAB are happy to know that so many filmmakers showed interest in the project. Too bad their governors don't want to spend money on it.

Also, during these past few days, I already started planning for the adventures I would like to have this year. I think my lakwatcha wishlist will come true this year. Some friends have already expressed interest on the backpacking trip in Indochina. And Batanes? Well, I'd say I will be in Batanes pretty, pretty soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment